Saturday, March 8, 2014

tapenade tonight

I am not a writer or a photographer (as you can see most times from my phone camera) but I am a happy home cook enjoying life!) 

I may love to try sometimes complex recipes (for me lol) but I always love a simple recipe that can add to a meal.

Last night it was Tapenade - simple, a bit salty and very tasty and super easy with the help of a food processor.


Ingredients for Tapenade:


-a good jar of kalamata olives (no stones) drained
-2 peeled garlic cloves chopped rough
-3 T rinsed capers
-a squeeze of anchovy paste (some people like the anchovies from a jar but I never use the anchovies up and so for me it's a waste).
-pinch of pepper
-couple (2 normally - depending on size) I had really skinny ones so I had to use 3) sliced fine




(anchovy paste that is available at my store) * please note... when I first started learning how to cook I wouldn't have thought of using anchovies but I find the anchovy can really add to the taste of a dish without over powering the dish with its flavors. 

Using the food processor 
:put all the above ingredients in a food processor and chop to a consistency you like - a couple pulses should do.  

What we love in our home:  adding tomato paste to the tapenade.                                                  (no exact amount - probably 1 T)

You can buy tapenade in a jar that is really great... 

No comments:

Post a Comment