Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Product review: William Sonoma Garlic slicer/mincer

A month ago I went looking for an easier/faster and less sticky and smelly way to mince or slice garlic.  I found a garlic mincer and slicer at Williams Sonoma for $19.95, that I have come to really like.

The name of the product in the catalog online is wrong (as of 3/11/14)  - The site shows the product listed as a vegetable chop and measure however the correct pictures of the chop and measure are in lower pictures.


What I like about this product:

I can slice or mince many cloves of garlic fast
My hands no longer have the ode to garlic perfume
I know find it easy to clean in my dish washer or by hand
The cuts of the garlic are uniform

what I didn't like at first:

At first the comb that goes through the tines to clean out the garlic skins was not all easy because the tines were very tight.  The more I used this product, the easier the it was to clean -  especially in the dishwasher.
I did not use the little plastic collector that was given- I tossed it - to me it was one more dish to wash.

Over all - I give it 4-1/2 out of 5 stars and I would definitely buy this product again.
As I cook quite a bit I find this product invaluable in making the cooking process easier - If you are chopping a lot of garlic on a regular basis; this product is then for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment