Friday, February 28, 2014

Jacques Pepin's CRAB CAKES AND AVOCADO SALAD.

(please note: I am not a writer... just a home cook)

Tonight I made Jacques Pepin's Crab cakes with avocado salad (page 165 of ESSENTIAL PEPIN) 
along with a lime aioli.   


I have made and had crab cakes that have had a conglomeration of ingredients from dry bread crumbs, saltine crackers, ritz crackers or fresh bread crumbs -dijon mustard or powdered mustard, peppers of all colors, onions, celery, worcestershire sauce, garlic,  garlic powder, capers and of course the necessary crab but this recipe has been my favorite.




I added a little Old Bay seasoning and served Jacques Pepin's recipe with a lime aioli* on the side which really made it even tastier.

Jacques Pepin, his daughter Claudine and grand daughter Shorey video of how to make his Crab Cakes. 

*Lime Aioli: 
Mayonnaise, zest of one lime juice and the juice of one lime, s/p. 

The recipe was easy to make and tasty especially with the lime aioli.  Actually I would love to make this for company. Super simple! 

My search for the perfect crab cake is over!  As Jacques says: "Happy Cooking" cuisine heureux! 





No comments:

Post a Comment