Friday, February 28, 2014

Ree Drummond's corn bread

(I am not a writer - just a happy home cook)

Yesterday my family and I made Re Drummond's Corn bread with the extra vegetables on the bottom. I have never been a corn bread fan, except for the cornbread from Wildfire restaurants, but I liked this one (and most of all my family enjoyed it).

http://thepioneerwoman.com



Many times I make things based on what I had in the refrigerator and I had extra buttermilk left over from making Ina's cheddar biscuits. Corn bread seemed the right fit for last nights meal!

 Her cornbread is tasty and light and easy to make.



http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/10/skillet-cornbread/  Ree Drummond's skillet corn bread recipe.

On the bottom of the cornbread (if you have seen her show - she poured her cornbread mixture on top of the veggies) she added sauteed multi colored peppers, onions and garlic (and of course s/p).  I added roasted corn as well and jalepanos'.

What I might try next time:  add drained cream corn and mix it it.. or add fresh corn and mix it it.

(not a great picture but you get the idea)


No comments:

Post a Comment