Sunday, February 9, 2014

so little time to post

I have veered away from family traditional meals for now because in winter it is harder to get to my family to verify recipes. With spring coming I will soon have time with my dear mother and aunt and uncle.  I also have been trying to get recipes from my family in Blienschwiller and other parts of Alsace, France as I am making a cook book for my family with pictures of all the cooks in our family with their favorite dish.

As I am a home cook nothing more but nothing less.  I wish I could go to cooking school just for the fun of it.  Since I can't justify the cost I can continue working on my craft (some would say hobby - but I have so much passion for learning to cook - it is a love that I share with others - a joy). I wish I had the talent and creativity that so many bloggers have but that's okay; I love to cook any way!

who would I like to cook like - so many - but I would love to cook like Jacques Pepin - he seems to cook with joy of life and with such ease and comfort - just like my grandmother.

My cooking:
I have done recipes by Ree drummond, Ina garten, dorie greenspan, rachel khoo, curtis stone, martha of course, america's test kitchen, and many magazines etc .  Most recipes i loved, a few I think I cooked it differently than I think the recipe called for and I flopped them.





My goal for this late winter and early spring: following Jacques Pepin's book similar to following I did with Dorie greenspan.





No comments:

Post a Comment